During some support requests, it may be necessary to provide a backup to your SQL database.
In order to perform this in the easiest manner possible, it is necessary to download Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. It can be downloaded here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/download-sql-server-management-studio-ssms
After downloading and installing, you can follow the steps below:
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (May need to be installed separately)
- Connect to the “ServerName\Instance” of the server that has the DB you want backed up.
- Expand the Databases tab to get to the DB you want to back up.
- Right click the desired DB –> Tasks –> Back Up…
- Set “Backup Type” to “Full”
- Go through the rest of the General and Options tab information to set the options to what you want.
- Click OK to start the Backup process.