1. Open Veeam Console
2. Click on the “hamburger” button in the uppermost left hand corner
3. Hover the cursor over the “Help” option
4. Click on the “Support Information” option that appears along with a right hand panel menu, a box will appear
5. Ensure the first radio button is selected, this is the “Export logs for this job:” option
6. Then click the “Choose” button the the right of the field, another box will appear
7. In this box, click the small arrow next to “Backup” or “Backup Copy” to display your jobs
8. Select a specific job by clicking on it, then click “Okay” in the bottom right hand corner of the box. This box will disappear
9. Click the “Next” button at the bottom of the first box.
10. Enter the number of days needed to capture log data from. The default number of days is 7. Once a time limit it determined, click the “Next” button.
11. Ensure you are aware of the path the logs will be saved to. The default path is c:\temp\logs. This is also an opportunity to choose a different path.
12. Click “Apply” to allow the Veeam Log Extractor to pull and save logs.
13. Once each list item has a check mark to the right of it, click the “Finish” button.
To see a quick animation for easier learning, please visit the following page: